Art for Animals: Share Your Vision of Compassion
NAVS’ Art for Animals contest is an opportunity for artists of all skills and ages to create images that inspire others to extend compassion, respect and justice to all animals. This year marks our 31st annual competition, and we’re once again looking for fresh perspectives to illustrate NAVS’ mission of ending the exploitation of animals used in science.
In particular, artists are encouraged to draw their inspiration from one of the three areas of special focus for NAVS this year—non-human primates in research, dogs in research and classroom dissection—as outlined in “The Path to Progress,” starting on page 12 of this issue of Animal Action.
Whether you’re paying tribute to an animal in your life, or appreciating animals in the world around you, we want to see how you picture compassion for animals with your entry for Art for Animals 2020. Your artwork could appear in print and online messages from NAVS, and on greeting cards and on social media throughout the year.
Cash prizes will be given to First, Second and Third Place winners, one Youth (age 12 and under) winner, and one Best in Show winner. This year, we’re also introducing a special Fans’ Choice Award that will be chosen by our friends and followers on social media.
Submissions may be digitally-created artwork or digital reproductions of original paintings, illustrations or photographs. Entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Physical artwork cannot be accepted.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, July 31, 2020.
Companion animals fill our lives with friendship and devotion, while animals in the wild inspire us with their natural beauty. Whether paying tribute to an animal in your life or appreciating animals in the world around you, Art for Animals provides an opportunity to get creative and give a voice to those who cannot speak for themselves.
Please use the links at left to share this contest with all the artists in your life!
- Submissions must be original work.
- Save your submissions using the following format:
[Example: Animals in Winter_John_Doe.jpg]
- Please refrain from using religious symbols or portraying animals in clothing.
- Submitting artwork for consideration grants NAVS permission to feature the artwork online and/or in print publications in perpetuity. The artist will always be given full credit.
- Submit no more than three works of art per person.
- NAVS reserves the right to not award all prizes if contest submissions are not suitable.
- Entries must be received by July 31, 2020.
- Include the following information in the body of your email or attached to your CD-DVD/ROM or flash drive:
AGE (If entering the youth contest):
HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT ART FOR ANIMALS 2020:
- Email files to: email@example.com with the words “Art for Animals 2020” in the subject line.
- Mail CD/DVD-ROMS or flash drives to:
Attn: Art for Animals 2020
53 W. Jackson Blvd., Ste. 1552
Chicago, IL 60604
No physical artwork will be accepted.