NAVS: Advancing science without harming animals
For more than eight decades, the National Anti-Vivisection has been an advocate for animals and better, more humane science.
- NAVS was founded and continues to be the primary source of support for the International Foundation for Ethical Research (IFER). IFER awards grants to scientists in their quest to develop scientifically valid alternatives that replace the use of animals. IFER’s Scientific Advisory Board includes scientists from government, industry and academia who are dedicated to the development, validation and implementation of non-animal methods of research, product testing, and education.
- As an educational organization our primary mission is to educate people, confident that when they know the truth about vivisection, they will oppose it. NAVS is on the internet, in print, on the airwaves, and at conferences with the message that humane science is better science.
- NAVS is spreading the word and keeping people up-to-date on developments in the scientific arena with a free email subscription to our weekly Science First eblast.
- NAVS supports legislative and regulatory initiatives at all levels of government that advance greater protection for animals, especially those exploited in the name of science.
- Through our Sanctuary Fund, NAVS has been able to provide safe haven to many animals who were rescued from lives as research subjects.
- NAVS awards scholarships at international and local science fairs to promising young science students who seek to pursue careers in science and medicine without harming animals.