Little Choices Make a Big Difference
While adopting a cruelty-free lifestyle does require commitment, it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Making simple, compassionate choices every day can dramatically reshape hearts and minds to create a more humane culture.
Here are a few direct and immediate actions you can take to powerfully influence the way society views our fellow creatures:
- Shop cruelty-free. Make your voice heard by avoiding products made by companies that still experiment on animals. Purchase only products from companies that do not test their final products or ingredients on animals, and find replacement brands for any animal-tested products you’re currently using. NAVS provides a convenient Cruelty-Free Product Guide which allows you to look up companies and products that have not been tested on animals. In addition, contact those companies who continue to test on animals and politely let them know that you object to their practices and will boycott their products until they change their animal testing policies.
- Be an animal advocate. Visit our advocacy center to take action on federal, state and local initiatives that will benefit the lives of animals. Make your voice heard on behalf of animals who cannot speak for themselves.
- Subscribe to NAVS. Stay up-to-date on the latest opportunities to make cruelty-free lifestyle choices and opportunities to take action on behalf of animals. You’ll also receive news regarding scientific advances made to eliminate the use of animals in product testing, biomedical research and education.
- Connect with NAVS. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay informed of current issues, fun facts, and useful information that will help protect animals.
- Support NAVS. Your financial support will help NAVS continue to educate the public on the unnecessary cruelty and waste of animal research. Your support powers our advocacy programs that will help end animal suffering.
Doing as much as you can, as often as you can, will help put an end to needless animal suffering in the name of science.